Values, Vision and Ethos
Holmer Lake Primary School
‘Nurturing, Growing, Inspiring’.
Our community matters and our commitment to high expectations for all is at the core of everything we do.
Our school values are:
Speak politely and listen to each other.
Make school enjoyable for everyone.
Act safely, kindly and honestly.
Respect and care for each other.
Tell someone our worries.
Enjoy our learning and persevere when we are challenged.
Remember that as a team there are no limits to what we can achieve.
Our SMARTER code underpins our day-to-day school life. Pupils are encouraged to follow the SMARTER code to earn SMARTER stickers, achieve Star of the Week certificates, Headteacher Awards, Platinum Rewards and much more! See our behaviour policy for full details.
At Holmer Lake, we have a shared vision as to what our children are entitled to receive whilst at our school. We want our children to be resilient learners, who understand the value of hard work and the success that this brings. We have created a vision statement which sets out what underpins our curriculum. Staff, parents, pupils and governors have all been consulted upon this statement and we believe it reflects what we provide for our school community.
Our curriculum drivers are embedded into this shared vision
Wellness: How can I be happy, safe and healthy?
World: What is important in our world and how should we look after it?
Work: What are my career aspirations?
We are a school where…
- Learning is a passion for children, staff, governors and parents alike
- Every success is celebrated
- Children are given time to reflect upon and question their ideas, use their initiative and develop independent learning skills enabling them to reach their full potential.
- Embracing risk is encouraged in a stimulating, supportive environment where children are given the confidence to face setbacks with hope and resilience
- All learners, families and cultures - regardless of gender, ethnicity, faith, orientation or disability - are of equal value
- Children feel safe, happy and supported in their learning and are shown how to maintain this including staying safe online
- All children develop the self-confidence and courage to believe that they can and will succeed
- All children experience excellent physical education, school sport and physical activity that will lead to life-long participation
- Dreams and aspirations are harnessed and nurtured
- Children learn the importance of equal opportunities, justice and human rights, and the significance of these principles to citizenship and democracy, preparing them for life in modern Britain and beyond.
- Every child is encouraged to develop, their interest and skills in a wide variety of the Arts including music, drama and visual arts
- Learning is exciting and engaging with memorable experiences leading to life long memories and a quest to discover more
- A love of reading is developed from the very beginning of the learning journey
Everyone in our school plays an important role in supporting children in their next steps. We have high expectations for all children to be the very best they can be.
Our values and vision statement was written after consulting with pupils, parents, governors and staff.
Reviewed Summer Term 2020
The school’s behaviour code is displayed around the school for all to see and follow. This supports a consistent approach to managing behaviour and allows lessons to run smoothly. If any behaviour slips below expectations, staff and leaders deal with it promptly and constructively.
Holmer Lake Primary School Ofsted Report May 2023.